For the hardcore gamers among us, Ubisoft (Assassins Creed, Ghost Recon Future Solider) are going back to their roots with a reboot of their first ever published title, Zombi, to be released exclusively for the Nintendo Wii-U under the, understandable moniker of ZombieU.
With the games market seeing an influx of zombie games hitting the shelves such (Dead Island, Telltale’s The Walking Dead, Dead Rising and Left for Dead to name but a few), this one looks unique and stands out from the crowd. Everything from your “Bug out Bag” and the unique death mechanics makes for wat could be an excellent zombie first person shooter.
Check the press release below:
“Developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, the studio behind critically acclaimed titles like From Dust, Beyond Good & Evil and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, ZombiU puts players in the middle of London circa 2012, where an outbreak has infected the population, destroying their humanity and turning them into mindless monsters preying on the flesh of the few remaining survivors. This fear-fueled first-person shooter takes all the terror, chaos and tension found in the best of the horror genre and adds original interactive elements, including a unique death mechanic that puts players in the body of a different survivor each time they die, allowing them to track and take down their old, infected characters, recover their equipment and see if they can stay alive just a little bit longer this time.
ZombiU showcases the innovative features of the Nintendo Wii U GamePad and creates new game experiences not possible on other consoles. The Nintendo Wii U GamePad serves as the player’s ultimate survival kit, called the “Bug Out Bag.” The Bug Out Bag is a backpack containing all the maps, tools, weapons and supplies that players can scavenge from the limited resources available in the devastated cityscape. ZombiU also uses the Nintendo Wii U GamePad’s touch screen, gyroscope and camera to create a tactile connection between gamers and the in-game world. Finally, ZombiU features a distinctive multiplayer adversarial mode that allows one player to take on the role of “Zombie Master,” spawning and controlling enemies from a top-down view on the Nintendo Wii U GamePad while the second player fights for survival on the big screen in first-person shooter view with the Nintendo Wii U Pro controller.”
- TWO SCREENS, TWICE THE FEAR – Feel the tension mount as you try to keep an eye on your TV and controller screen.
- SURVIVAL-HORROR AT ITS BEST – Resources are in short supply whilst the number of enemies continues to grow; you never know when you will find more weapons, ammunition, first aid and food. Use them wisely!
- DON’T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR BOB : The new controller becomes your Bug-Out Bag; the ultimate all-in-one survival kit for your tools, inventory, med kits, maps and more.
- UNIQUE DEATH MECHANIC – If you die, you’ll take on the role of an entirely new character; another terrified soul struggling to survive. Your first task will be to recover your old BOB, but beware; it will still be worn by the last character you played… who is now a zombie!
- HORDE AT YOUR DOOR – Prepare yourself for the inevitable onslaught. Stock up on guns, ammo and supplies, and lock down your Safe House. It’s time to defend your home against the ravenous, infected horde!
- SURVIVORS VS. ZOMBIES – An adversarial multiplayer mode where one player takes over the role of Zombie Master (top-down view) to spawn enemies and springs traps with a simple touch on the new controller Wii U™ GamePad, while a second player (first-person view) fights for survival with the Classic Controller!
- MERCY KILLER – When your character gets infected, your online friends are alerted of your death and can come and hunt down your zombified character to loot the gear in your BOB and put you out of your misery!
- BASED IN LONDON – A city steeped in grisly history, royal secrets and bloody tales, where the medieval fortress of the Tower of London and the stately Buckingham Palace contrast with the modernity of the world’s most cosmopolitan city!
Below are some screenshots and trailers for the game but for more information check out the ZombiU official site.
Thanks to our friends at Daily Dead for the heads up.