Colors For Basement Walls was uploaded at June 26, 2017 at 3:40 pm. This article is uploaded on the Basement category. Colors For Basement Walls is tagged with Colors For Basement Walls, Colors, For, Basement, Walls..
Colorscol•or (kul′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light;
saturation or chroma;
- the natural appearance of the skin, esp. of the face;
complexion: She has a lovely color.
- a ruddy complexion: The wind and sun had given color to the sailor's face.
- a blush: His remarks brought the color to her face.
- vivid or distinctive quality, as of a literary work: Melville's description of a whaling voyage is full of color.
- details in description, customs, speech, habits, etc., of a place or period: The novel takes place in New Orleans and contains much local color.
- something that is used for coloring;
- background information, as anecdotes about players or competitors or analyses of plays, strategy, or performance, given by a sportscaster to heighten interest in a sportscast.
- any distinctive color or combination or pattern of colors, esp. of a badge, ribbon, uniform, or the like, worn or displayed as a symbol of or to identify allegiance to, membership in, or sponsorship by a school, group, or organization.
- nature, viewpoint, or attitude;
personality: His behavior in a crisis revealed his true colors.
- a flag, ensign, etc., particularly the national flag.
- [U.S. Navy.]the ceremony of hoisting the national flag at 8 a.m. and of lowering it at sunset.
- skin complexion of a particular people or race, esp. when other than white: a man of color.
- outward appearance or aspect;
guise or show: It was a lie, but it had the color of the truth.
- a pretext: She did it under the color of doing a good deed.
- [Painting.]the general use or effect of the pigments in a picture.
- [Chiefly Law.]an apparent or prima facie right or ground: to hold possession under color of title.
- See tone color.
- a trace or particle of valuable mineral, esp. gold, as shown by washing auriferous gravel.
- any of the labels red, green, or blue that designate the three states in which quarks are expected to exist, or any of the corresponding labels for antiquark states. Cf. quantum chromodynamics, quark model.
- the amount of ink used.
- a tincture other than a fur or metal, usually including gules, azure, vert, sable, and purpure.
- call to the colors, to summon for service in the armed forces: Thousands are being called to the colors.
- change color:
- to blush as from embarrassment.
- to turn pale, as from fear: When he saw the size of his opponent, he changed color.
- with flying colors. See flying colors.
- involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.
- to give or apply color to;
dye: She colored her hair dark red.
- to cause to appear different from the reality: In order to influence the jury, he colored his account of what had happened.
- to give a special character or distinguishing quality to: His personal feelings color his writing.
Also,[esp. Brit.,] colour. col′or•er, n.
- to take on or change color: The ocean colored at dawn.
- to flush* blush: He colored when confronted with the incriminating evidence.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Basementbase•ment (bās′mənt),USA pronunciation n.
- a story of a building, partly or wholly underground.
- (in classical and Renaissance architecture) the portion of a building beneath the principal story, treated as a single compositional unit.
- the lowermost portion of a structure.
- the substructure of a columnar or arched construction.
Wallswall (wôl),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various permanent upright constructions having a length much greater than the thickness and presenting a continuous surface except where pierced by doors, windows, etc.: used for shelter, protection, or privacy, or to subdivide interior space, to support floors, roofs, or the like, to retain earth, to fence in an area, etc.
- Usually, walls. a rampart raised for defensive purposes.
- an immaterial or intangible barrier, obstruction, etc., suggesting a wall: a wall of prejudice.
- a wall-like, enclosing part, thing, mass, etc.: a wall of fire; a wall of troops.
- an embankment to prevent flooding, as a levee or sea wall.
- the Wall. See Berlin Wall.
- the outermost film or layer of structural material protecting, surrounding, and defining the physical limits of an object: the wall of a blood cell.
- the side of a level or drift.
- the overhanging or underlying side of a vein;
a hanging wall or footwall.
- climb the walls or climb walls, to become tense or frantic: climbing the walls with boredom.
- drive or push to the wall, to force into a desperate situation;
humiliate or ruin completely: Not content with merely winning the match, they used every opportunity to push the inferior team to the wall.
- go over the wall, to break out of prison: Roadblocks have been set up in an effort to capture several convicts who went over the wall.
- go to the wall:
- to be defeated in a conflict or competition;
- to fail in business, esp. to become bankrupt.
- to be put aside or forgotten.
- to take an extreme and determined position or measure: I'd go to the wall to stop him from resigning.
- hit the wall, (of long-distance runners) to reach a point in a race, usually after 20 miles, when the body's fuels are virtually depleted and willpower becomes crucial to be able to finish.
- off the wall:
- beyond the realm of acceptability or reasonableness: The figure you quoted for doing the work is off the wall.
- markedly out of the ordinary;
bizarre: Some of the clothes in the fashion show were too off the wall for the average customer.
- up against the wall:
- placed against a wall to be executed by a firing squad.
- in a crucial or critical position, esp. one in which defeat or failure seems imminent: Unless sales improve next month, the company will be up against the wall.
- up the wall, into an acutely frantic, frustrated, or irritated state: The constant tension in the office is driving everyone up the wall.
- of or pertaining to a wall: wall space.
- growing against or on a wall: wall plants; wall cress.
- situated, placed, or installed in or on a wall: wall oven; a wall safe.
- to enclose, shut off, divide, protect, border, etc., with or as if with a wall (often fol. by in or off): to wall the yard; to wall in the play area; He is walled in by lack of opportunity.
- to seal or fill (a doorway or other opening) with a wall: to wall an unused entrance.
- to seal or entomb (something or someone) within a wall (usually fol. by up): The workmen had walled up the cat quite by mistake.
Colors For Basement Walls have 9 photos , they are Great Color For My Basement Reno -Wall Colors Love : Light Gray Is SW March Wind Dark Gray SW Grizzle Gray 7068